Come be a part of our fast paced, inventive, and cutting-edge culture, in Miami.
“Life is Short. Work Somewhere Awesome.”
We are looking for a “Grow Your Own” UPS Field Engineer to join our team. This person will be involved in South Florida field support and Miami office support.
Ideal candidates would have minimum (2) years Electrical/Electronics background. Successful candidate will attend ongoing regular training sessions held at the company’s headquarters located in Miami; utilizing electrical test equipment in our training facility to enhance industry knowledge and electronics troubleshooting skills.
Excellent opportunity for career advancement.
Candidate will be trained to develop an advanced ability to troubleshoot faults to component level on equipment such as UPS systems, Rectifiers, Inverters, Batteries, DC Power Systems, PDUs, ATS, and STS.
All technical service work related to UPS, DC Plant & Battery maintenance and replacements.
- Perform preventative maintenance, equipment start-ups, field troubleshooting and battery replacements.
- Identifying quality UPS & battery sales and service leads.
- Recognizing sales opportunities for equipment and other add on products (UPS, Generator, A/C, design/build) and link potential customers with the appropriate internal and external technical resources.
- Assisting our Marketing team with various sales campaigns such as free site visits, consultative power analysis, etc.
- Providing periodic management of projects, greet new equipment deliveries; attend significant equipment start-ups, etc.
- Assist Operations Department as required with various tasks.
- Assist Warehouse Department as required with various tasks.
Required Education Background:
Associates of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent trade school or military experience
Electrician Apprentice, Journeyman Electrician or above experience also considered.
Prospective candidates should be proficient with the following software: Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook. Proficiency in grammar and sentence structure is expected. Attention to detail, knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems, confidentiality, reliability and professionalism are a must.
Must be willing to travel when necessary, and be available for on-call readiness 24/7
Excellent Customer Service Skills
Excellent communication, writing, negotiation, and time-management skills
Enthusiasm and an ability to learn quickly and retain information
Advanced PC skills
A positive attitude and an ability to represent us with professionalism
Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging and changing work environment
Must be able to lift and carry up to 110 lbs.
*Professional appearance and demeanor
*Flexibility to adjust to evolving company needs
*Must be authorized to work in the US
Opportunity for career advancement within our growing organization
Paid Time Off
Professional Developmental Assistance
401(k) company match
Company Paid Life Insurance
Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability